2021 Toyota Highlander Complaints, <h1>2021 Toyota Highlander Complaints</h1> <h2>Introduction</h2> <p>The 2021 Toyota Highlander is a, Blog, 2021-toyota-highlander-complaints, KampionLite
2021 Toyota Highlander Complaints
The 2021 Toyota Highlander is a popular midsize SUV that offers a spacious and comfortable interior, impressive fuel efficiency, and a wide range of advanced safety features. However, like any other vehicle, the Highlander is not without its flaws. In this article, we will discuss some common complaints that owners have reported regarding the 2021 Toyota Highlander. These complaints range from minor inconveniences to more serious issues that may impact the overall driving experience and satisfaction with the vehicle.
1. Electrical Malfunctions: Some owners have complained about electrical malfunctions with their 2021 Toyota Highlander. These issues include issues with the infotainment system, power windows, and door locks not working properly, and dashboard warning lights coming on for no apparent reason.
2. Battery Drainage: Several owners have reported experiencing battery drainage issues with their Highlander. Even when the vehicle is not in use for an extended period, the battery tends to drain quickly, requiring frequent jump starts or battery replacements.
1. Jerky Shifting: A number of owners have complained about a jerky shifting or hesitation when accelerating or decelerating. This issue can be noticed more prominently during stop-and-go traffic or when transitioning between gears.
2. Transmission Fluid Leakage: Some owners have reported having transmission fluid leakage in their 2021 Toyota Highlander. This can result in transmission slipping, difficulty shifting gears, and potential damage to the transmission if not addressed promptly.
1. Premature Brake Wear: Several owners have expressed concerns about premature brake wear in the 2021 Toyota Highlander. They have noticed that the brakes tend to wear out quicker than expected, requiring more frequent replacements and potentially compromising the vehicle’s braking efficiency.
2. Squeaking or Grinding Noise: Some owners have reported hearing squeaking or grinding noises when applying the brakes. This could be an indication of worn-out brake pads or other issues with the brake system that may require inspection and repairs.
1. Uncomfortable Seats: A few owners have mentioned that the seats in the 2021 Toyota Highlander are not as comfortable as they had hoped. They have noticed a lack of adequate lumbar support and cushioning, resulting in discomfort during long drives.
2. Noisy Cabin: Some owners have experienced excessive road and wind noise inside the cabin, even at moderate speeds. This can be an annoyance and may detract from the overall driving experience.
1. Complicated Interface: Some owners have found the infotainment system in the 2021 Toyota Highlander to be overly complicated and difficult to navigate. The touchscreen response time may be slow, and the menu structure may not be intuitive, leading to frustration when trying to access certain features.
2. Limited Smartphone Integration: A few owners have expressed disappointment with the limited smartphone integration options in the Highlander. While it offers basic connectivity features like Bluetooth and USB ports, advanced features like Apple CarPlay and Android Auto may be limited or not available in certain trim levels.
The 2021 Toyota Highlander is generally praised for its reliability and versatility. However, as with any vehicle, it is important to be aware of potential complaints reported by owners. The electrical system, transmission, brakes, interior, and infotainment system are areas where some owners have encountered issues with the 2021 Highlander. It is recommended for potential buyers to thoroughly test-drive the vehicle and consider these potential complaints before making a purchase decision. Consulting with a trusted Toyota dealership and requesting a thorough inspection of the vehicle can also provide valuable insights to ensure a satisfying ownership experience.